Deadline: April 3, 2023
Applications for the Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023 are now open. The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day programme to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists including singer-songwriters and composers. The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and Pop-Kultur and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
The programme offers a variety of activities to experience the “music city” Berlin before the actual Festival: Studio visits, intensive jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of the Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities. Highlights of the promotion and exchange programme are the participation in Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs, the official talent programme of the festival, intensive Studio collaborations of all Goethe Talents 2023 participants and of course experiencing the full programme of Pop-Kultur Live.
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24 to September 4, 2023 will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
- Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues.
- Additionally, Musicboard Berlin will give a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals to all talents, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation within Berlin.
- Open to young musicians, composers, singer-songwriters or instrumentalists;
- Between ~20 and ~30 years of age and from a transitioning or so called developing country.
- All participants will have to prepare a short input talk (of approx. 15 min.) in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial to attend the programme as there is no translation available (B2 minimum!). You will be tested in advance by a local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music and they need proof of at least 3 projects you participated in.
- They expect your motivation for exchange and engagement in working with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- All applications are for individual persons only. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
The application phase ends on April 3, 2023. An expert jury will select 8 talents for the sought-after spots in the program and inform the applicants until the end of May. The scholarship starts on August 24 (arrival day) and ends on September 4 (departure day), 2023.
For more information, visit Goethe Talents Scholarship.
Leave a Reply