Deadline: April 28, 2023
Applications are open for the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023. The Prize recognises and honours the work of journalists from around the world which shed a light on the most pressing global challenges.
The European Commission calls on journalists reporting on issues relating to inequality, poverty eradication, sustainable development, environment, biodiversity, climate action, digital, jobs and employment, education and skills development, migration, healthcare, peace, democracy and human rights to apply.
Reporters can submit written, audio-visual or multimedia work in one of the following categories:
- International Prize: reporting published by a media outlet based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- Europe Prize: reporting published by a media outlet based in the European Union.
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: reporting by a journalist aged under 30 at the time of publication and published by a media outlet based in any of the countries eligible for the International and Europe Prizes.
- Each winner will receive €10,000.
- The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered a work experience with a media partner.
- The winners will be announced at the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize Award Ceremony in Brussels later in 2023.
- Open to journalists from around the world;
- Applications are open to reporting in any language but should be accompanied by a translation in one of the competition languages: English, French, Spanish, German or Portuguese.
You can apply by submitting a single application in one of the categories. Applications close on April 28 at 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
For more information, visit Lorenzo Natali Media Prize.
Leave a Reply