Deadline: April 7, 2023
Applications are open for the AAJA-Asia N3ConU Mentorship Program 2023. The Asian American Journalists Association Asia Chapter (AAJA-Asia)’s N3COnU Mentorship Program is a unique opportunity for students to develop reporting skills under the mentorship of industry professionals.
A cohort of 10 students will participate in a series of trainings and will get to write stories covering the journalism industry and underrepresented communities in the Asia Pacific region. Top stories will be published on the website of AAJA-Asia’s New.Now.Next Media Conference (N3Con) 2023. Students and mentors selected for the program will receive complimentary registration to attend the N3Con 2023 conference on May 25-28 in Singapore.
- If you are a student with an interest in journalism studying in the Asia Pacific region, this is your opportunity to enrich your CV with reporting training sessions and a story that you will write under the guidance of a professional journalist. You will also get a chance to get your story published on the N3Con.com website, a platform regularly viewed by news media professionals from across the region.
- If you are a journalist working in the Asia Pacific region, this is your chance to hone your editing skills, provide encouragements and guidance and help the next generation of professional reporters to blossom.
- Open to students with interest in journalism studying in the Asia Pacific region and to journalists working in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Program dates
- March 10: Applications open
- April 7: Application close
- April 10-15: Story assignments confirmed
- April 16: Digital Tools for Reporting Workshop
- April 23: Fact-Checking and Source Verification Workshop
- May 15: Deadline for Story submissions
- May 25-28: New.Now.Next Media Conference in Singapore
Both mentors and mentees are warmly invited to apply by filling up the application form by April 7.
For more information, visit AAJA-Asia N3ConU Mentorship.
Leave a Reply